#Attribution1 {display: none;}

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Jamboree overview

So far Jamboree has been a blast! We started this amazing adventure last Thursday, July 13. That night when we flew into Baltimore, MD we went first to the a food court in D.C. and then troop 3339 started the Washington D.C. touring by going to the Washington monument and Lincoln monument. Then the troop went to the Double Tree and stayed the night.

We started off the 14 early by going to the Jefferson memorial, then to the Martin Luther King Jr. memorial. While we were there we all saw Marine 1 fly over top of us. After MLK memorial we went to the United States Capitol building with a guided tour from some interns of senator Lee's office. We all enjoyed the tour of the Capitol and all the cool things inside. After we went to the Capitol, we went and toured the White House. We saw all the cool paintings and statues inside the White House. Then we all went to the Regan food court in D.C. and ate lunch. After lunch we all wanted to go to the Smithsonian Air and Space museum. While we all were having a good time at the Air and Space museum a huge rain storm moved in. They at first wouldn't let us out because of the storm, then after a good 15 minutes of very heavy raining it stopped. When we left the museum we noticed a tree had fallen right onto the sidewalk. We all decided while we were waiting for the bus to come, we'd move the tree so people could walk. Our troop was caught on video doing this, and eventually made it to a few news stations. After the Air Space museum troop 3339 proceeded to Arlington National Cemetery and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. We enjoyed this somber experience in a slight drizzle before going to the Marine Memorial. We hurry and took a picture and hopped back onto the bus to go to dinner. After dinner we went to the Washington D.C. temple, then to the hotel.

Saturday morning of the 15 we went first to Fort McHenry in Baltimore, then on to Gettysburg Battle Field. We had a very cool bus tour of the battle field and went through the visitors center, then drove to Philadelphia PA for the night.

Sunday morning we got up and went to Liberty Hall and saw where the founding fathers signed the Declaration of Independence. After that the troop went and saw the Liberty Bell. Then we went and got lunch then went to the Philadelphia temple, and the Philadelphia Museum of Art where Rocky ran up the steps. Then we drove to the priesthood restoration site and went to sacrement meeting. Then we went to an A&W for dinner and drove to Syracuse NY. Then we went to Hotel.

Monday morning the troop went to the Whitmer Farm and toured the homes. After we attended sacered grove, Smith Farm, Palmyra Temple, The Hill Cumorah Vistor Center, and Grandin Print Shop. These where all great experiences for all of us to be able to tour some of the Church Sites and be able to feel the excitment, and the dear letters of our parents. They wrote some very emotional experience for all of us to be apart of. We later drove to Mentor, OH

No comments:

Post a Comment